International Freight Manager
EP America is an international full service 3PL provider with more than a decade of experience in the NAFTA trade region.
We provide flexibility to our customers’ needs; from in-house solutions to a complete outsourcing of your logistical department. We analyze supply chain requirements in order to offer the logistical design that will best suit our customer’s needs.
Our commitment is to be creative and this a standard in our business practice. We have developed our business management team, based on projects and by objectives in order to organize a company formed by a multi-cellular structure of teams instead of a normal hierarchy structure.
The International Freight Manager is responsible for developing our Air & Ocean Freight products in the Canadian market and winning additional business.
You will develop and promote (marketing) our air & ocean transportation customized solutions for customers. Target is to develop long term relationships to create a sustainable, profitable, consistent and recurrent business.
- Structure and organize our products in line with our Directions, in such away that it will be profitable, and operational structured to ensure and secure a good, reliable and value added product for our network and local office.
- Perform competitive intelligence and carry out marketing studies & business development.
- Receive and process import/export shipment via trucking lines, airlines and steamship companies.
- Communicate effectively with carriers and overseas agents and internal/external customers via phone and email.
- Take booking requests and export customer service calls throughout the day.
- Make sure we have current buying/selling rates set up for every export shipment we handle before making necessary bookings.
- Create proper and complete export documentation and send pre-alerts. Request documents from shipper as required, this includes the power of attorney, commercial invoice, packing list and SLI.
- Review standard operating procedures to insure compliance.
- Proactively notify customers of ANY delays regarding arrival or delivery of their cargo. Additional billing and notification as required.
- Negotiates trucking rates and approves all truck bills for payment.
- May dispatch drivers to customers to pick up freight and monitor its arrival for consolidation
- May issue Certificate of Origin; registrations; may sign truck pros for incoming cargo, prepare shippers export declaration, insurance certificates, letters of credit; bank drafts.
- May be responsible for special shipment involving perishables and/or be in charge of special accounts.
- Insure that files are closed in a timely manner (2-5 days).
Qualifications: – Degree in International Trade, Commerce or BBA and/or three or more years’ related experience in transportation, logistics, or project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. – Dangerous goods certification will be considered an asset. Spanish language will be considered an asset.
To apply for this please email directly to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
|Benefits Offered||Full Compensation Package|