Over the Road Specialist
No Posted Date
For this position you’ll need an in depth knowledge of the over the road freight business including all freight modes (Truckload (TL), Less than Truckload (LTL), Rail, Intermodal, etc.).
You will be required to exercise independent judgment and discretion in the complete brokerage cycle: Negotiation of freight coverage, customer and carrier relationship management, price negotiation, load execution, and analysis of market trends.
We are looking for a relationship’s builder and a deal maker!
Objectives and Responsibilities:
• Actively prospect and qualify new customers, identify their shipping needs and build customer relationships.
• Manage and develop carrier relationships to cover our customer’s needs.
• Bring and respond to customer RFQ’s and keep our opportunities log updated.
• Responsible for the most efficient freight movement and cost effective service as well as compliance with DOT and safety regulations.
• Responsible to meet on time performance requirements.
Resolve transportation problems with speed and professionalism.
• Experience: At least 3 years of experience with a freight brokerage or other related business.
• Sales Hunter: You enjoy cold calling and generating new opportunities.
• Strong communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
• Excellent time management, organizational, and the ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
• Available to be on call.
• Self-starter highly motivated to accomplish desired goals with little or no supervision.
|Benefits Offered||Full Compensation Package|